Jay Margalus is a computer scientist and designer with a focus in emerging technologies. He is the Faculty Director at DePaul University's Idea Realization Lab, and a teacher in DePaul's School of Design. Jay has been making makerspaces for over a decade in and around Chicago, and literally wrote the certification on making for Caterpillar, Inc. He co-created the custom hardware games Thotcon 0x9, Thotcon 0x8, and Big Data Outbreak. You can read about Jay in the Chicago Tribune or see his recent talks and keynotes for Crowdsupply's: Teardown, the American Medical Association and Chicago Public Schools.
To reach out:
247 South Wabash
Chicago, IL 60604
Photos for web and print, free to use.
- Crowdsupply: Teardown - 5/12/18, Speaker
- International Conference Design Principles and Practices - 3/7/18, Speaker
- American Medical Association - 9/16/17, Keynote Speaker
- CPS Googlepalooza - 8/4/17, Keynote Speaker
- Caterpillar Tech Conference - 10/13/16, Speaker
- AIGA Design Educator's Conference - 10/8/16, Speaker
- O'Reilly Strata Hadoop World - 9/30/2015, Speaker
Current and past organizations I've done design and development consulting for include:
Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Housing Authority, MapR Technologies, E-Conversation, GAMESbrief, McGraw-Hill, Johns Hopkins, Illinois Science and Technology Park, Midwest Moving, Village of Mokena, Mega Ran